thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

October 31, 2011

Raw Cashew Butter

This recipe was so much easier than I thought it would be, and I wondered, "Why have I been buying store-made nut butters when I can make them at home myself?"

Raw Cashew Butter
1 cup raw cashews
About 1 cup filtered water
cinnamon
1-2 TBSP agave (optional)
1-2 TBSP tahini (optional)

1. Place nuts in a blender and pour water in just until cashews are covered in water. Add cinnamon and agave or tahini if you wish. I personally LOVE this butter just as it is, sweet and delicious, however it is nice to have a variety of tastes in my butters.
2. Blend for about 5 minutes. (If you have a Vitamix you can blend plain cashews in the blender for about 15 minutes and you will not need water. I however, like to make my cashew butter a little bit light and therefore like to use water. Plus, I don't have a Vitamix, so maybe I will change my mind when I get one!
3. Pour in a jar and refrigerate for about one week. Some say this butter can last up to two weeks, but I prefer to play it safe and keep my butters fresh by keeping them up to one week.

Today I had cashew butter with sliced apples and walnuts. Heaven!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment