thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

August 19, 2011

Arachova, Greece





Today we went to a beautiful city in the Northern part of Greece called Arachova- about a 2.5 hour drive from Athens. Arachova is a popular winter destination due to the skiing areas surrounding the city. Today we had most of the quaint city to ourselves and roamed the streets taking photos and window shopping. We ate lunch at an adorable cafe and I feasted on fresh salad, beets, and xorta, while my mother and Nikos feasted on pie, lamb, and grilled feta. My favorite part of the day was buying fresh lavender from a local farmer. This man had the kindest eyes I have ever seen and I will never, ever forget him. If you are visiting Athens, rent a car and do yourself a favor and take the drive to visit this beautiful place! You will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment