thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

May 02, 2011

Cake, Kolonaki- Red Velvet cake on a Rainy Sunday afternoon


Nikos and I had a lazy Sunday afternoon in Athens. We started off with a light lunch at Pure Bliss (my new favorite eatery) and had the most interesting and tasty appetizer called Open Sesame (pictured). The paste was made from almonds and herbs- it was fantastic and artistic. Also, we loved our waiter, the same gentleman that served us on my birthday. I hope next time I visit that I can speak 20% Greek with him instead of 10%.

Next we took a long stroll to Cake (in the pouring rain with a BROKEN umbrella) which is in Kolonkai. We loved this place- the service was excellent and the cafe itself was cozy and tucked away off the main street. Definite charm and class and quite different from the Glyfada store we visited earlier this year. We shared a BIG piece of red velvet cake- which was good, not great, but good. The frosting was a bit too heavy but the cake was moist and tasty. Next time---cheesecake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment