thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

February 27, 2011

Fiber Cakes- The recipe












My favorite muffins in California come from Trader Joes. They are a recipe from Zen Bakery and have 60% fiber in one small muffin. I attempted to recreate the recipe and here is what I used:

1 apple, diced ( I planned on using two but only needed one- I used the sweet pink lady)
200ml grape juice concentrate
1/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
1tsp soda
2 cups wheat bran
1 cup wheat flour

I then baked for 20 minutes at 180C/350F. We topped them with 100% fruit jam (strawberry) and LOVED them. These are high-fiber healthy muffins and are not meant to taste like dessert. Nikos and I absolutely love the taste but not everyone will agree as some people are looking for a sweet and buttery muffin. I do recommend giving them a try at least once. You can add applesauce, blueberries, or honey if you wish for a sweeter or fruitier muffin.
Last night we watched "The Notebook" and ate fiber cakes- very romantic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment